I’m currently preaching a series on the Sermon on the Mount called “Essentials.” In my opening comments from last Sunday, I shared a few essential things someone should know if they’re going to live in the south. Here’s my list:
- You should know the difference between poison ivy & kudzu.
- You should know the best place to go to get sweet tea (when you don’t want to make it yourself.)
- You should know that real men eat grits.
- You should know that if you’re going to put something in grits, it should either be your spoon or shrimp.
- You should know that you don’t have a hissy fit. You pitch one.
- You should know that if it snows, don’t put chains on your tires. Stay home.
- You should know that Sunday is for church, but Saturday is for football.
What would you add to the list?